We all know that the Holiday Season is a busy time for each of us to navigate festivities, family obligations, travel plans, end-of-the-year goals, and most importantly ourselves. This can make it difficult to find time and motivation to write your story and book that you want to accomplish. However, there are ways to thrive as a writer during this time of year.
This week on the blog provides 5 tips to help you thrive as a writer during the holiday season.
- Set realistic goals: Instead of trying to write your entire book during the holiday season, set smaller and achievable goals. For example, commit to writing for 30 minutes each day. This will help create balance so that you enjoy your holiday season while also helping you stay motivated to keep your writing practice on track.
- Create a writing schedule: Creating a writing schedule aligns with point number one in regards to your commitment to your writing - plan your writing time around your holiday schedule. It is important to find a time of day that works best for you and stick to it. Whether it's early in the morning or late at night, make writing a priority and schedule it into your day.
- Use holiday experiences as inspiration: The holiday season can be a great source of inspiration for writers. Use your experiences, emotions, and memories as inspiration for your book. You might find that your holiday experiences can add depth and authenticity to your writing.
- Take advantage of downtime: With all the holiday festivities and travel, there will be moments of downtime, these moments would be good to rest so that you have the energy to write your story and book. Rest will be just as important as writing to hit your writing and book goals. Whether it's on a plane, train, or in a hotel room, take advantage of the downtime to rest and recharge.
- Celebrate your wins: During this season, sometimes it can be challenging to take a second, sit back, smile at yourself, and say good job on sticking to your goals. During this time, don't forget to congratulate and celebrate all of your wins, especially your writing goals. You deserve it!
At Journey Written we want you to thrive during all seasons, but we all know the holiday season is a special season that is different for every person. Always remember to do what is best for you and take the tip or tips that will work for you this holiday season and implement them into your writing plans. Happy Holidays!
Book-Writing Coach & Founder of Journey Written®️
Looking for a company to help you with your book goals, vision, and project? Visit www.JourneyWritten.com today so that we can discuss your book goals and project!